WebM Video Transcoder 1.1Free
Old versionsSee all
WebM Video Transcoder is a simple tool meant to help you convert various video file formats to the WebM format which is constantly growing in popularity in the latest years.
WebM Video Transcoder comes with a couple of nice advantages, such as the simple and straightforward interface that allows even beginners to use this tool without any problem. Another benefit offered by this neat tool is the fact that it supports batch converting multiple video files at once. Furthermore, unlike other similar WebM video converters, this one lets you customize the bitrate or the resolution of the resulting video files.
Anyway, there are also some problems with WebM Video Transcoder, not only advantages. Its reliability is doubtful, to say the least. During my testing, it returned FFmpeg-related errors while I was trying to convert videos, and the conversions weren't finished successfully. It might be just a faulty installation of FFmpeg on my system and other users may have no problem converting videos with WebM Video Transcoder, but some doubts still remain. FFmpeg might be a famous encoding engine, but in the case of WebM Video Transcoder, it seems to be a weakness rather than a strong point.
In conclusion, since it's a free tool, it costs you nothing to try WebM Video Transcoder and see for yourself if in your case it does its job as it should, or it's still a disappointing app that fails to achieve its main purpose
- Simple-to-use interface
- Supports plenty of input video file formats
- It lets you customize the bitrate or the resolution of the resulting video files
- The conversion process can fail because of FFMPEG crashes and errors
- The interface cannot be customized
- Can convert only to WebM files
- Doesn't let you choose a different location for the output WebM files than the directory containing the original, converted videos